WPS - Bring your Career to Light! Visit our website and apply today! We look forward to receiving your application soon!
Our Individual Sales Representative (Seasonal) engages in various direct sales activities for WPS individual products through direct response sales, including soliciting new business, setting appointments for sales presentations, and enrolling new customers. This role supports all of WPS Health Insurance Sales efforts as it relates to new and existing customers and clients. We have 4 Openings, apply today! We look forward to receiving your application soon!
Location: Madison, WI
Characteristics and Responsibilities
- Ensure primary responsibility for enrolling new customers by telephone for WPS Health Insurance, as well as other products as telephone enrollment capability is rolled out.
- Generate new sales within assigned area of responsibility in accordance with established goals.
- Maintain a high level of quality sales activity by effectively calling all assigned sales prospects and developing new prospects through referrals and other means as appropriate.
- Utilize various sales tools provided to enhance skill level and increase volume and profitability of sales to customer base.
- Maintain prospective customer software, which provides a summary of all pertinent account activity. Record all information needed for set-up of an account and maintain history of transactions and notes for a complete file.
- Support other sales functions as are appropriate or assigned to meet sales objectives.
- Participate in training activities aimed at enhancing overall level of skill to meet expectations for effort as outlined for department.
- Maintain thorough knowledge and awareness of policy provisions and product specifications for entire WPS Health Insurance product line.
- Maintain and apply detailed knowledge of competitors, including products, rate structures, and practices to best represent WPS in sales process and effectively compare WPS Health Insurance plans to competition.
- Create and use narrative documents, spreadsheets, and databases in record keeping, problem-resolution, and communication.
- 2 or more years of sales experience, preferably in health insurance
- Demonstrated knowledge of or ability to learn WPS Health Insurance products
- Associate’s degree in Business, Communication, Marketing, or related field; OR equivalent post high school education and/or work-related experience
- Must hold or ability to obtain within 60 days of hire, a valid Wisconsin Health and Life Insurance License
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities