Position Opening: Family Advocate
Become part of a vibrant team committed to the empowerment of those affected by domestic violence and advocating for social change through support, education, and outreach. Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS) is the leading provider of domestic violence intervention and prevention services in Dane County. Founded in 1977, DAIS continues to evolve following its successful capital campaign that resulted in substantive growth for the organization and an enhanced professionalism in how it advances its work. Staff and volunteers are bounded by values of mutual respect, openness, collaboration, and shared responsibility.
DAIS is seeking a Full-time Family Advocate to join our growing team. The Family Advocate provides case management services to victims of domestic violence in the DAIS emergency shelter as well as crisis management and program support to ensure the quality of service provision within the shelter facility. Case management duties include providing support, advocacy, resource referrals, safety planning, and parenting support to shelter residents. The Family Advocate participates in rotational on-call coverage, and provides consultation and support to Shelter Advocates regarding strategies and responses to client service provision.
Benefits include access to purchase full medical and dental coverage, life insurance, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, and generous leave time.
Bilingual candidates and individuals of color are encouraged to apply.
A successful candidate will possess a four-year degree in social work or a related field though relevant field experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree. Experience in a residential facility setting, experience working with child and adult trauma survivors strongly preferred. Experience in crisis intervention, excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred. In addition, knowledge of domestic violence issues and knowledge of resources within Dane County and how to access those resources preferred.
DAIS is seeking individuals with the following skills and competencies for this role:
• Commitment to Quality Service: Builds and maintains client/community satisfaction with the services offered.
• Team Focused & Collaborative: Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and objectives.
• Communication: Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through a variety of media in a manner that engages the listener or recipient, helps others to understand and retain the message, and invites responses and feedback.
• Stress tolerance & Unflappability: Maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse situations.
• Valuing Diversity: Helps to create an environment that embraces and appreciates diversity.
• Confidentiality, Integrity, Ethics and Trust: Maintains confidentiality and earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
• Problem Solving Attitude: Approaches situations and challenges in a solution based, proactive, and effective manner.
• Decision Making & Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions that take into account facts, risks, constraints and goals.
• Professionalism and Personal Boundaries: Conducts self within appropriate and expected professional boundaries and policies.
Interested individual applicants only please, DAIS prefers not to be contacted by third party staffing agencies. The following application materials are needed for consideration:
• Completed employment application - found on our website at http://abuseintervention.org/how-to-application/
• Cover letter addressed to DAIS Human Resources
Incomplete applications, or applications submitted without a cover letter and resume will NOT be considered.
Completed applications may be submitted via email as an attachment to: email@example.com, or by U.S. Mail to DAIS, Attn: Human Resources, 2102 Fordem Ave., Madison, WI 53704.
Full job description may be reviewed at http://abuseintervention.org/get-involved/jobs/
Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled..
DAIS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.