Sustain Dane is hiring a 1.0 FTE, benefits eligible, Director of Sustainable Business. You can play a critical role in helping Sustain Dane achieve its vision of making the Greater Madison Region a national model for sustainability and sustainability innovation, inclusive of a healthy planet, a just society, and a responsible economy. This is a great opportunity to make a significant difference for the Greater Madison Region’s sustainable future!
The Sustainable Business Initiative makes change happen by inspiring, supporting, and connecting people to take action, both in and outside of their workplaces, for social and environmental change. The specific programs have evolved over the years and will continue to do so with your contribution.
Sustain Dane works with organizations to:
- Embed a culture of sustainability and environmental responsibility in local organizations
- Mitigate harmful environmental impacts and foster widespread employee engagement in social and environmental sustainability
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Managing and building upon existing programs like MPower and the Sustainable Business Network
- Bringing a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens to existing and future programs
- Leading the development, testing, and coordination of new initiatives to support organizations in their sustainability efforts
- Maintaining & improving upon relationships with current program partners, resources, and participants
- Identifying and building relationships with new program partners, resources, and participants
- Maintaining up-to-date understanding of trends in sustainable business and environmental science as it relates to sustainable organizational practices
- Contributing to the financial sustainability of the program(s) through sources like grant funding, corporate sponsorships, and program participation
- Supporting the annual Sustain Dane Summit
- Assisting with other Sustain Dane internal team efforts as needed
This is a benefits eligible (health, dental, and life insurance, generous paid time off, short- and long-term disability coverage, access to retirement plan) 1.0 FTE position. The salary range is $40,000-48,000 per year, depending on experience.
We will begin reviewing applications Friday, July 6 at 9 AM. Applications received on or before this date will be given priority. All application materials should be emailed to email@example.com. In subject line, please write: “Application: Director of Sustainable Business.” No phone calls please.
To apply, please submit in ONE PDF:
- Cover letter
- Please note, Sustain Dane values diverse life experience and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Those who are bilingual, members of racial/ethnic minority groups, members of the LGBTQ community, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. We encourage you to share how your identity/life experiences will strengthen our team.
- Contact information for 3 references
- Support material: Please respond to the following prompt with an additional written submission of 250 words or less, or a video of 90 seconds or less: Sustain Dane works to engage organizations to work toward holistic sustainability, encompassing a healthy planet, a strong community, and a just economy. As part of this role, you may host a public workshop on commercial energy efficiency. What is your approach to making the workshop inclusive and engaging for a diverse audience?
Please visit http://sustaindane.org/about-us/staff/hiring/ for full details & application information.