The information below is meant as a guideline, not a gate. If the description resonates with you on any level, please don’t let something we’ve listed (or didn't list!) prevent you from applying.
Expected experience: One to three years in a tech environment (including PM, QA or support)
Salary range: $45,000 to $65,000
We work with a wide variety of clients, from local mom-and-pop shops to global Fortune 500 companies. Projects run from support tickets to two-week sprints to multi-month implementations, for both web and mobile. Our team is focused on outcomes, not hours; we offer flexible schedules, and most of our team members work from home one or two days a week (currently, due to COVID-19, staff are working remotely until it's safe to be back in the office). We're looking for folks living in Madison, WI or willing to relocate. This is a full-time position (40 hours max).
Just to be clear: We don't care what you studied in college (or if you went at all!).
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating with developers throughout project iteration to ensure work is being completed each day, any blockers are removed, and deliverables are completed on-time
- Administering the project-tracking software, ensuring that it is accurate and up-to-date
- Organizing multiple projects in an agile environment
- Gathering and prioritizing client and project requirements, including writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Working with developers to reliably and consistently estimate user stories, finalize tasks, and coordinate changes
- Protecting the team from over-committing and scope creep
- Translating high-level product information into actionable tasks for the development team
- Leading meetings (including retros, planning and review)
- Performing quality assurance and testing
- Compiling and reporting on delivery metrics
- Enthusiastically working with clients and colleagues from disparate backgrounds - and with disparate goals - to create comprehensive custom software solutions
Some other attributes
- You're open-minded and accepting, and enjoy working with a diverse group of professionals from varied backgrounds.
- You have enough experience to have developed opinions about things like documentation, scope creep, and client communication.
- You don't feel challenged working with the same client or project day in and day out, and want fresh problems to explore.
- You pay attention to details, and rarely need to be told anything twice. You love learning new things but you don't automatically assume new == better.
- You have strong prioritization skills, and rarely miss the forest because you're too focused on the trees.
- You focus on solutions, not problems, and approach problem-solving from a creative, detail-focused position.
- You're motivated to help create the best software you can.
How to apply
Email email@example.com and include a short cover note, a résumé or CV, and some links to your portfolio / GitHub / Arduino project / band's last performance / cat / dog / anything else you're proud to show off.
Maybe you've been working in a cubicle since you graduated a few years ago and are wondering if there are better ways to spend your time. Or perhaps you never went to college, but you just love organizing projects so much that you want to make a career of it.
Get in touch today and you can help us continue to write great software at Ten Forward Consulting!