Credit Union National Association is excited to announce an opening for a Data Maintenance Assistant to join the Data Management & Business Systems Team. This is an instrumental role which will receive and evaluate information about changes in credit union name, address and other demographic data. Will contact credit unions to verify information about credit union staff. Make changes resulting from analysis of incoming information in the data on CUNA’s Association Management System (AMS) Database.
- Maintaining AMS database of credit unions and other organizations for the company which includes
- Understanding of the structure of AMS data and applications
- Learning to change procedures rapidly when application software changes
- Efficiently using a web browser to collect data from USPS, CU web sites, Social and Professional Media sites, Mapping sites such as MapQuest, NCUA, Directory look up sites such as Switchboard and a variety of search engines such as Google.
- Determining when an address change or a name change is really a merger
- Evaluating conflicting data to determine the correct data
- Investigating inconsistencies in data
- Contacting CUs, CU regulators, and local post offices to determine correct credit union and credit union staff information, this requires tact, ingenuity and excellent command of spoken English.
- Receiving information about CUs and their staff from returned mail, CUs, CU Regulators, CUNA Mutual, CUNA/CSSI departments, and leagues
- Recording transaction counts in an Access database
- Recording mergers and liquidations in an Excel spreadsheet
- Classifying fields of membership
- Receiving listings of data requiring review from other department staff
- Maintain individual and organizational data in the AMS. Use CU, vendor and USPS web sites to determine correct addresses and organizational and individual information. Enter and update the information in the AMS.
- 2 years of similar work or related work experience
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and related software including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, and relational databases (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server etc.)
- Must have six months experience using the Internet and related technologies to find an enter information into corporate data sources
- Must be able to type 30 words per minute
- Demonstrated ability to learn rapidly by reading instructional materials with minimal direction and search out additional resources as needed.
- Fine attention to detail and the ability to solve logically complex problems
Passionate / Collaborative / Inclusive / Authentic / Accountable (our Values)
Internal job grade: GN