The Startup Team Strategist will play a vital role in the helping Madison startups meet their talent and growth. The Startup Team Strategist will be responsible for helping growing startups (including but not limited to StartingBlock tenant/member companies) develop hiring and talent strategies and recruit, retain, and develop employees. The Startup Team Strategist will also assist, plan, implement and measure StartingBlock’s team-building and talent related programming.
Responsibilities could include, but not be limited to, the following activities:
- – Assisting Madison area startup companies, particularly growing IT/technology companies, in developing talent acquisition strategies, employment branding, candidate relationship management processes, and recruiting, including sourcing, screening, interviewing, assessing, selecting and hiring, and, if needed, on-boarding new employees;
- – Understanding the startup sector, with a specific focus on the technology/IT sector, regionally as well as nationally;
- – Developing and implementing talent acquisition and retention programming; and
- – Assisting SBM on programming and planning initiatives targeting the entrepreneurial community; and
- – Developing and maintaining StartingBlock employment policies.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a Bachelor’s Degree and have experience in human resources, talent acquisition, and/or general administration within a fast growing, innovative company. Experience with IT/Technology sector companies would be a plus.
To apply for the Startup Team Strategist position, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Rachel Neill & Drew Coursin.