PLANNED PARENTHOOD OF WISCONSIN, INC.
BILINGUAL CENTER COORDINATOR
At Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin, Inc. (PPWI), we work to provide quality, affordable health care services, comprehensive education, and strong advocacy. We serve over 60,000 patients annually in 24 health centers statewide, making us the largest and most trusted reproductive health care provider in Wisconsin. Our goal is to help keep Wisconsin safe, healthy and strong!
This is an excellent opportunity for a Bilingual Center Coordinator (40hrs/wk) at our Madison South Health Center.
PURPOSE of POSITION:
Under the direction of the Center Manager and the Regional Director, the Center Coordinator provides leadership and direction within the health center to support a team-based, customer-focused, results-oriented service model that achieves clinical, operational and financial goals. Responsibilities include assisting the Center Manager with the management of operations, staff supervision, budgeting and oversight of services provided to patients in accordance with approved current medical standards, policies and procedures, patient services parameters, and business management operations including a commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
Commitment to quality healthcare.
Ability to carry out multiple assignments and follow through with complex assignments.
Excellent customer service skills.
Excellent organizational skills.
Excellent problem solving skills.
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
Ability to perform basic financial and mathematical calculations.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Products and demonstrated computer skills.
Demonstrated leadership abilities and experiences working with diverse personnel.
Clinical skills to operate basic clinic and lab equipment essential to performing the job (i.e. scales, urine collection and testing, blood pressure equipment).
Ability to work independently, as a team member, and as a leader.
Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma required and two-years work experience required, preferably in a medical/business environment, i.e., in a family planning setting or an OB/GYN office. Associate degree or relevant college course-work preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired may be considered. Must be bilingual in both English and Spanish.
Management and supervisory experience preferred. Budgetary experience and/or responsibility preferred.
* CPR certifiable.
Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment. Will work with blood or blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training.
Must have reliable transportation. This position may be required to travel occasionally within the cluster, therefore, compliance with the vehicle usage policy is required.
Evening and/or weekend hours are necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
FinancialStaff ManagementCustomer ServicePublic Relations
- Assists with the day to day management of all health center(s) activities within defined cluster.
- In collaboration with the center Clinicians, Regional Director and Patient Services Administrative Team, develops, implements and improves operational initiatives to ensure high quality, service excellence and efficient care to PPWI patients.
- Oversees all aspects of front office management.
- Provides direct patient care consistent with level of training, licensure and/or certification, according to medical standards and guidelines.
- Accurately implements, interprets and ensures compliance with all PPFA, PPWI and regulatory policies, practices, procedures and standards in health center operations.
- Prepares work schedule and assignments for health center staff.
- Orders supplies and maintains inventory system.
- Monitors health center interior and exterior and maintains facility in clean and safe condition. Coordinates routine maintenance, including carpet cleaning, painting, etc.
- Ensures health center security is maintained during operational hours and at closure.
- Maintains equipment as required by agency procedure and protocol.
- Monitors site-specific quality assurance activities for non-medical operations including; non-medical audits, non-medical drills and training of staff.
- Maintains and monitors medical records system to ensure compliance with agency policies and procedures.
- Participates in PPWI’s affiliate-wide risk and quality management program.
- Supervises and monitors all aspects of revenue collection including patient enrollment in third party payment programs.
- Ensures that staff adheres to all aspects of cash management policies and procedures.
- Monitors weekly patient encounters to identify and project target encounter goals.
- Monitors daily transaction reports for accuracy and compliance.
- Reviews, approves expense reports and invoices in a timely manner.
- Assists Center Manager with preparation of center budget.
- Assists with reporting requirements related to special grants.
- Assists with hiring of health center staff.
- Assists with employee performance management, including providing information and feedback to the Center Manager in relation to performance evaluations and corrective action (improvement plans).
- Monitors, facilitates and/or participates in new employee training.
- Assists with staff meetings based on the needs/requirements of the center or agency.
- Assists with the mediation of staff complaints, concerns, and disputes.
- Fosters a positive attitude among staff regarding the goals and objectives of the agency.
- Serves as a back-up support to the Center Manager as required.
- Creates environment that stresses patient courtesy and responsive service delivery.
- Monitors and ensures patient access to medical care.
- Resolves patient complaints and request for service promptly and courteously.
- Administers patient customer satisfaction surveys under direction by Patient Services Administrative Team. Assists Center Manager in the development of an improvement plan to address any deficiencies.
- Maintains cooperative arrangements with building management, tenants and community resource to provide for facility maintenance and security.
- In collaboration with Center Manager, establishes and maintains contact with local health agencies and community organizations with which PPWI has current patient care contracts and/or relationships.