UW Credit Union is hiring for a Spanish Bilingual Financial Specialist to serve our members in the Madison area! Financial Specialists play an instrumental role in the retention and satisfaction of UWCU members. Using the UW Credit Union ‘Members for Life philosophy’, the Financial Specialist’s purpose is to establish and maintain relationships with members, uncover their true needs, provide education on financial options, and make recommendations to help members achieve their financial dreams.
In creating those meaningful connections, Financial Specialists see every ‘you’ – from opening a member’s first checking account, to applying for an auto loan or first mortgage, to discussing retirement savings, and beyond.
UW Credit Union Financial Specialists are not solely driven by sales results. True to our reputation, Financial Specialists at UW Credit Union take time to provide quality solutions unique to each member. Humanity counts most to us, and we would rather miss a sales goal, than make a recommendation that is not in the member’s best interest.
If you are naturally inquisitive, empathetic, and solutions-oriented, then this is the job for you! ?
As a Financial Specialist, you will develop and maintain positive relationships with UW Credit Union members. Providing absolutely top-notch customer service is where you shine. You are a naturally inquisitive conversationalist, and have a genuine interest in uncovering members needs and desires. You have the desire to collaborate with your peers and contribute to UW Credit Union’s culture of development and innovation. You have a true belief in UW Credit Union’s services, and a passion for providing quality solutions to members. You are inspired and motivated when you see the positive impact UW Credit Union has on member’s financial well-being. You have a natural ability to lead and influence others and are at ease when making referrals in the member’s best interest. Experience at a financial institution is desired, but not required.
- Achievement in balanced scorecard results by meeting specified goals for product sales & referrals
- Acquire, develop, and build member relationships
- Appropriately analyze member needs, educate members about financial choices, and recommend appropriate financial products and services
- Maintain high degree of knowledge in all credit union products and services
- Actively participate in member ‘courtesy calling’ and ‘new account follow-up activities’
- Exhibit a high degree of ‘mobility’ when developing and expanding member relationships
- Utilize networking skills when developing and expanding member relationships
- Contribute to activities that promote individual and organizational success
- Responsible for ensuring that all loan applications, accounts, and member transactions are accurate, complete, and appropriate for the member request
- Associates Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing or related field or experiential equivalent preferred
- 1 year of direct retail sales experience
- Demonstrated analytical, accuracy and problem-solving skills within a retail sales environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency with personal computer and office software.
- Knowledge of new accounts, savings instruments, and consumer lending is desired, but not required
Why work for UW Credit Union?
Join Wisconsin’s number one credit union as rated by Forbes 2018, a four-time recipient of Madison Magazine’s Best Places to Work, and a two-time Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Top Workplace to receive:
- 2 weeks paid caregiver leave
- 2 weeks paid new child parental leave
- 21.5 days annual time off
- 2 days paid volunteer time
- 9 paid holidays (includes your birthday!)
- 401k company match of up to 5%, plus approximately 4% discretionary match
- Variable bonus reward
- Free bus pass and B-Cycle membership
- 5 health plan options, including domestic partner eligibility
- And more!
UW Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities, Protected Veterans, Women, and individuals with Disabilities. We strive to cultivate an inclusive workplace that is home to a diverse workforce where employees at all levels model knowledge of, belief in and a commitment to cultural competence.