Financial Systems Administrator
Credit Union National Association is recruiting for a Financial Systems Administrator via
QTI Executive & Professional Search.
Credit Union National Association is excited to announce an opening for a Financial Systems Administrator to join their Finance Team. This is an integral role responsible for financial systems, reporting, training and working with departments and leadership within the organization to assist with goals and objectives of finance and the needs of the enterprise.
- Responsible for all finance department systems and oversight of the work performed by staff across corporate financial systems. These systems include general ledger and financial reporting, accounts payable, fixed assets, payroll, budgeting, sales tax, credit card processing and expense reporting applications, among others. As the Financial Business System Owner, collaborate with IT to ensure that financial systems - both in-house and outsourced – meet the needs of the organization and protect the records and information of the organization. Serve as the interface between internal IT and external consultants throughout troubleshooting, new feature implementation, and upgrades pertinent to our financial systems. Direct and perform systems analysis, design, implementation, strategic planning, and related policy development on these systems.
- Fulfill the varied financial reporting needs of the finance department and the business areas the finance department serves. This includes reporting of a complex nature, including updating system reporting criteria to reflect changes to CUNA’s chart of accounts. Accountable for the creation and maintenance of all reporting across all financial systems, as well as the development of any scenarios in the system to support and drive forecasting, planning and other specialized reporting requirements.
- Advise and inform finance leadership through the creation, maintenance and ongoing updating of highly customized reporting to support leadership’s financial analysis and general strategic business support of business units across the organization. Drive reporting-related recommendations such as the assignment of financial accounts, and other financial structure changes that have a systems-related impact.
- Train Finance staff on all financial systems and provide orientation training for non-Finance employees on Finance systems and procedures. This includes developing the training content and leading end-user training and support for the budgeting and expense reporting systems used by CUNA.
- May lead, participate, and/or contribute to ongoing financial systems projects that support the goals and objectives of finance, and the needs of the enterprise.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the areas of finance, accounting, management information systems, or other similar related discipline.
- Previous experience with system implementations.
- 5 years demonstrated proficiency and excellence in financial systems design – inclusive of both technical and manual operations – as well as complex reporting functions. Deep knowledge in operating, and overall adeptness in managing – all in-house accounting systems, including general ledger, accounts payable, billing & accounts receivable, fixed assets, payroll, and others.
- Deep financial systems experience and skills, including system implementation, report development, system administration and troubleshooting experience.
- Inclusive of experience across several financial systems such as financial accounting/general ledger, budgeting tools, expense & travel management, accounts payable, sales & use tax reporting, and others.
- Systems reporting expertise, including familiarity with SQL Management Studio and database tools.
- Demonstrated success as a financial system project owner; ability to proactively drive system upgrades, enhancements, conversions, implementations or other new features through the project, implementation and change management processes
- Experience and familiarity with multi-entity organizations, including understanding of intercompany eliminations and the related financial record impacts.
- Understanding of finance and accounting practices, specifically the interaction and connectivity of those practices within financial systems and to maintain appropriate adherence to financial controls within the scope of systems and technology activities.
- Experience with not-for-profit/trade association financial statement compilation is helpful, but not required.
Passionate / Collaborative / Inclusive / Authentic / Accountable (our Values)
Internal job grade: 11