The Executive Director will grow a vibrant, interconnected hub where innovative ideas become profitable businesses, create jobs, and develop the next generation of inventors and entrepreneurs. As the leader of StartingBlock Madison, this person will play many roles, including Collaboration Leader, Operations and Real Estate Manager, and Community Advocate.
- Participate with the Board of Directors to develop a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization;
- – Identify, assess, and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the organization;
- – Develop and implement an organizational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that are consistent with SBM’s strategic direction;
- – Work with the Board to develop a Tenant Plan that maximizes the overall use of the SBM space;
- – Oversee the daily operations of SBM;
- – Develop an annual budget for the organization and work with the Board to insure adequate funding for SBM;
- – Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians and other groups to help achieve the goals of the organization;
- – Determine staffing requirements to meet SBM’s expectations; and
- – Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment for staff and SBM tenant organizations and members.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree and at least five years of entrepreneurial leadership experience. The Executive Director will also have the following attributes:
- – Passionate about entrepreneurship, high energy and not afraid of change;
- – Resourceful in identifying ways for SBM to impact the entrepreneurial ecosystem;
- – Innovative and able to ideate on new programs to impact the Madison and regional entrepreneurial community;
- – Desire to play many roles in a grass roots, team oriented organization;
- – Ability to successfully lead both strategic and operational activities within an entrepreneurial organization; and
- – Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities within the entrepreneurial world.
To apply for the Executive Director position, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Rachel Neill & Drew Coursin.