The Director of Operations is responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and evaluation of StartingBlock’s programming and operational activities. The position will participate in strategic planning and budgeting initiatives in addition to problem solving. Working within the guidelines, policies and mission of the StartingBlock program, the Director of Operations will be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned. The Director of Operations will work closely with the SBM Executive Director to achieve the overall goals of the organization, including the following activities:
- -Understand existing programming landscape, i.e., what is currently offered and by whom;
- – Collect tenant and community data on programming needs;
- – Use data collected on existing programs and tenant and community needs, develop a training plan that fills gaps and provides value to StartingBlock tenants and the community as a whole;
- – Compile, maintain and report on the monthly, quarterly and annual programming statistics consistent with organizational metrics and strategy;
- – Analyze trends in the program, identifying issues and developing and recommending solutions to the Executive Director;
- – Develop, implement and evaluate recruitment strategies to expand the number of clients participating in the programming; and,
- – Continuously study and learn about entrepreneurial programming to ensure that StartingBlock is providing programming that is recognized as unique making attendance desirable.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and three or more years of experience in program development, delivery and analysis, preferably in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment. Characteristics of an ideal candidate would include being:
- – Passionate about entrepreneurship;
- – Entrepreneurial, high energy and not afraid of change;
- – Approachable and able to support entrepreneurs’ growth, development and impact;
- – Innovative, resourceful and able to ideate on new programs to continuously support and energize entrepreneurship in the greater Madison area;
- – Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities in the entrepreneurial world; and,
- – Ability to use technology to create efficiencies including financial management, e-mail, internet, and social networks.
To apply for the Director of Operations position, please send your resume to: email@example.com, attention Rachel Neill & Drew Coursin.