The employment policy of Associated Banc-Corp, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Associated”) provides equal opportunity to all persons. We support a diverse and inclusive work environment where colleagues are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunities to perform to their fullest potential. We believe it is only with a diverse and inclusive workplace that the organization can truly perform at its best, carry out its vision, and make a difference for the communities we serve.
Under direct supervision of the Bank Manager, the successful colleague will be responsible for selling Associated Bank products to existing customers and prospects. Bankers are responsible for identifying, expanding and deepening customer relationships through profiling and then recommending appropriate deposit and lending products and services. The colleague in this position may also provide exception customer service through efficient and accurate processing of customer transactions.
Strive to deliver a satisfying customer experience by fulfilling service requests and providing efficient and accurate transaction processing. Support the operational integrity of the branch.
Achieve individual and branch team goals.
This position requires a credit check per 12 CFR Chapter X, Part 1026, Truth in Lending, Regulation Z.
Responsible for selling Associated Bank products to existing customers and prospects. Responsible for expanding and deepening customer relationships by identifying and matching customer needs throughout Trust, Business Banking, Private Banking and Retail Departments.
As a valued colleague of Associated Bank you play a critical role in delivering an exceptional customer experience during every interaction. Expectations for this position require the ongoing focus on building solid and long lasting relationships by engaging all customers in a positive manner. Colleagues should provide customers a positive experience that includes undivided attention, straightforward and knowledgeable service and insure that the customer’s best interests are our number one priority. Consistency around customer experience guidelines is key and expected from all of our colleagues. Our goal is to simplify the customer experience and deliver outstanding service to every customer, every time.
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering and S.A.F.E. Act requirements. Must submit required information to meet registry requirements, obtain a unique identifier, and maintain the registration requirements as directed by the S.A.F.E Act.
Responsible to report any procedure or process that doesn’t meet regulatory requirements including fraud, whether suspected or confirmed, to management. This reporting can be done directly to any member of management, including Human Resources or Corporate Security, or can be reported through Associated’s anonymous Ethics Hotline.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Sales and activity tracking
• -Identify needs and refer customers to business partners within and across lines of business who can best meet those needs. Sell bank products to new and existing customers, using the established company sales process while maintaining sales and procedural proficiency in all services offered at the bank.
• -Opens deposit and loan accounts, verifies and processes changes to existing accounts, answers customer questions and resolves related account problems. Requires understanding of sales, products, benefits, account ownership, forms, and procedures. Ensure that new accounts are properly processed and cross-sell opportunities are identified and pursued.
• -Ensures positive public perception by extending a warm welcome to existing or potential customers, and identifying their needs, presenting solutions through product benefits, overcoming resistance, completing the sale, and nurturing relationships, personally committing to consistently exceed customer expectations, every time, everywhere.
• -Prepare all documents and paper work, assist customers with signing documents necessary to complete transactions, receive initial deposits and/or transfer funds from existing accounts or prepares sight draft to obtain funds.
• -Maintain sufficient proficiency and accuracy in Teller operations to perform all teller related transactions including inquiries and new account posting while exceeding customer expectations.
• -Assists the Bank Manager as needed and acts as a mentor and trainer for other Personal Bankers within an office or region. May perform some sales coaching activities and helps prepare reports and sales aids. Participates in community and business functions/group to ensure a positive image for the bank within their market place.
• -Opening or closing of retail bank, performing routine functions in preparation of the start or end of day’s activities including ATM balancing and/or servicing.
• -In the absence of the Bank Manager, mentor and guide Universal Bankers to provide excellent customer service and identify sales opportunities while maintaining operations activities at the branch.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Proactive aisle prospecting required for in-store branches.
Required Education: High School or equivalent combination of education and experience
Preferred Education: Associate's Degree Business or related field
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree Business or related field
Required Experience: 2-4 years Experience working in a sales and goals based environment with strong customer service focus or equivalent.
Required Experience: Less than 2 years Demonstrated proficiency in Business Banking
Preferred Experience: Less than 2 years Sales and/or financial industry experience including deposit and consumer lending.
Special Skill Requirements:
Operate Office Equipment
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned.
Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
Perform duties in accordance with the Vision & Values of Associated Banc-Corp.
Regular attendance is required.
Basic math and reading skills, and attention to detail.
Use of basic office equipment (e.g., photocopier, voice mail, "fax" machine, calculator, multiple line telephones, typewriter, computers etc.).
Represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
Maintain credit exception approval percentages within corporate approved guidelines